The latest edition of our newsletter is available using this link.
If you haven’t already you can sign up for future newsletters on that page or using this link.
Hello, my name is Ava from the United States. I am a high school student researching how hyperhidrosis affects the lives of patients. My interest in this subject is inspired by the fact that I suffer from hyperhidrosis and would like to communicate with an audience which shares my circumstances. All responses are completely anonymous.Thank you so much for your time. To take part in the survey click here or use the link below:
We have been experiencing some problems receiving messages from the Contact Us page over the last few weeks (End of September/early November 2019).
If you have recently sent a message but received no response, please would you complete the form on the Contact Us Page again.
Katie at TwoFour has got in touch with us about a new BBC Three series focusing on skin conditions. The show offers people the chance to see experts, possible treatment and to have a chat about their skin conditions.
If this is up your street and sounds like something you or a family member or friend may be interested in applying for please follow / pass on this link: https://b1.etribez.com/ag/twofour2/skin/welcome.html
A European study is looking at patients’ with skin diseases access to care and their needs. Hyperhidrosis is classes as a skin condition and we know access to care in the NHS in the UK varies according to where you live. Please read the message below and complete the short survey via the link below.
The Fondation René Touraine – FRT, is a European non-governmental, non-profit organization whose purpose is to support therapeutic
progress in dermatology through actions bringing together
dermatologists, scientists, pharmaceutical companies and health
authorities. The FRT is financially supported by the EADV – European
Academy of Dermatology and Venereology to conduct a qualitative study
about patients’ needs.
Therefore, we would need your opinion about the quality of care you received,
the access you have to verified information and also general information on a casual day with your
skin disease and on the unmet needs your encounter. The goal of this study
is to approach patients’ reality in todays’ healthcare system.
We have set up a secured link where you can answer our questions
anonymously. The data is collected and analyzed by the Fondation René
Thank you for your help!
The Fondation René Touraine’s Team
The Hyperhidrosis Priority Setting Partnership has surveyed more than 250 patients and clinicians, including nurses, GPs and dermatologists, to identify research priorities for the future. The results are now published and the top ten priorities are:
- Are there any safe and effective permanent solutions for hyperhidrosis?
- What is the most effective and safe oral treatment (drugs taken by mouth) for hyperhidrosis?
- What are the most effective and safe ways to reduce sweating in particular areas of the body (e.g. hands, feet, underarms, face, head etc.)?
- How does hyperhidrosis affect quality of life?
- Are combinations of different treatments more effective than one type of treatment for hyperhidrosis?
- What is the most safe and effective treatment for mild to moderate hyperhidrosis?
- Could targeted therapies or biologics (e.g. antibodies, hormones, stem cells), be effective in treating hyperhidrosis?
- What is the most effective severity scale that can be used to determine if a person is eligible for hyperhidrosis treatment?
- What is the safest and most effective surgery for hyperhidrosis?
- How safe are hyperhidrosis treatments at different stages of life, e.g. childhood, pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Read the press release here.
A TV production company are looking for patients with skin disorders, including hyperhidrosis which many people don’t think of as a skin disease. Details are in the flyer below.
Is something holding you back from getting active? Do you need help finding that motivation or advice? We have a top team that can give you that confidence to achieve your personal goals in 2019! New Year New You!
Our team of personal trainers hope to help promote body confidence to people from all backgrounds and situations who may have lost it or need some motivation to get themselves active again!
Contact: [email protected] with a brief introduction to yourself and a member of the team will be in touch to give you more information!